A Traveler's Tales

Being the musings of a alien - temporal and spiritual...

Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Good News

Some would say that I just got bad news… but I don’t think that would be accurate…

You see, due to the server crash at school, this morning I was checking my Yahoo account (for all those who wish to get in touch with me this is fullfirstnamelastname@yahoo.com :)). In checking this Yahoo mail, I noted that I had an old email about my summer internship sitting in my inbox. Since I’m at the very end of said internship, I decided to read it… I opened it and found that it was the note from the Europe HR lady saying that I could not go to France and had missed the selection date for Europe entirely. I had to grin. So, here I was in Latvia reading that old email. At the time I received it, I was crushed. I’d never have even considered the possibility of Latvia. I mean, I didn’t even know more about it than that it existed. But God knew all about it and had been planning for it… had been since the beginning of the fall semester when my car was totaled… had been from the beginning of time, for that matter, I suppose :).

Hit with this inspiration, I hunted down a favorite verse (and its successor) on BibleGateway:
“There is no wisdom, no insight, no plan that can succeed against the Lord. The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but victory rests with the Lord.” (Proverbs 21:30-31) If God wanted me to have an internship, the State Department was going to have a hard time stopping it happening. Likewise, I could put together an entire cavalry and, without God’s blessing, it would do me no good.

It is in that frame of mind that I received news this evening that I did not pass the Foreign Service Written Exam. I am… well, mostly surprised that I’m not disappointed. Do I think that I will end up being accepted anyway? Well, it could happen (all bets are off when discussing the actions of the State Department), but no, not really. That’s just not where I’m supposed to be right now. God has something better elsewhere… though only He knows what that might be. Heavens, I don’t even know what I’m going to do in this coming semester! But He does… and He’ll see me safely through it… and the next one… and post-graduation life. How do I know? Because He’s seen me through the past year and the twenty before that.

In all of this, I can’t help but marvel at Providence – even in server crashes… which cause you to check another account… read an old email… which increases your faith… so you can meet whatever challenge may come your way later… :)

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home