A Traveler's Tales

Being the musings of a alien - temporal and spiritual...

Saturday, November 24, 2007

Typing

Yes, it has been for stinking ever since I last posted. Consider it... hibernation, or some such.

Anyhoo, I never seem to tire of playing with personality tests. Figuring out how the system on which the test is based works, how it applies to other people, etc. is as much fun as getting your own results. So, I have culled the web for some good ones and I present them here for y'all's enjoyment:

A familiar old friend, the MBTI, together with a newer one on intelligence types:

Click to view my Personality Profile page

Here's one that's technically much older than Myers-Briggs, but newer to me - the Enneagram. In contrast to MBTI's focus on styles of taking in information and making decisions (which remain relatively static through adult life), the Enneagram type focuses on an individual's main drivers (what do you want, need, strive for) and can change throughout life. There are nine different types, designated by number. I exist somewhere between a 5 (knowledge seeking) and an 8 (power seeking) - today must have been an 8 day. You can read up on the system at this helpful site.

Main Type
Overall Self
Take Free Enneagram Personality Test

And, last but not least, some fun randomness (based on the above system). BWAHAHAHA!

4 Comments:

  • At Mon Nov 26, 06:12:00 PM CST, Blogger erendis nasard said…

    Apparently I'm a type 5 INTP.

    Also I'm Einstein ("a detached intellectual whose ideas saved/will destroy the world").

    :-)

     
  • At Tue Jan 22, 12:18:00 PM CST, Blogger E. said…

    Ok, "Stinking Forever" has passed again with No. Gabi. Post. This is not right. This is very wrong. I, in my mind-mannered, peaceful, mediating, assasination victim way am here on behalf of your friends and adoring fans to request NEWS.

     
  • At Sun Feb 03, 09:15:00 PM CST, Blogger E. said…

    I'm a type 9/5 ISTP. So really, I'm the concrete version of erendis nasard ;)

    But where is this post I've been waiting for?

     
  • At Tue Feb 12, 10:03:00 PM CST, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Eh, so mine wouldn't take. It said I was a Macedonian people-loving dwarf named Mother Teresa.

    I choose to be honored. ;) Hope things are going well with you two girls. :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home